Spice up a little with the main course Vegetable biryani for the V-Day. The Vegetable mixture rice will be served with the entree & dessert along. Pretty easy to cook and celebrate with this complete meal! Ideal way to impress him with what he likes! Don't forget to wish & send some warm wishes to your family and friends too :)
Basmati Rice: 1 cup (wash and soak for 10 min prior to cook)
Water: 1 1/4
Coconut milk: 1/4
Carrot, French beans & peas: 1 cup
Ghee: 2 tsp
Onion: 1 sliced lengthwise
Tomato: 1 ripped (diced)
Green chilies: 3 cut lengthwise
Ginger - Garlic paste: 1 tsp
Chili powder: 1/2 tsp
Turmeric: 1/4 tsp
Salt: per ur taste
Fennel: 1 tsp coarsely
Mint & coriander leaves: 2 tbsp Chopped
Bay leaf: 1
- Heat a pot with ghee , drop the masala
- Add the onion once it starts to be translucent, mix the tomato, chilis & Ging&Garl, coriander and Mint leaves and let the masala cooks.
- Put the chili, turmeric powder, vegetables fry for 3 min
- Adjust the salt, add water & coconut milk and the soaked rice
- Bring to boiling point and cover with a tight lid. Simmer the stove flame to low heat.
- Let cook for 20 min and switch off the stove.
- The rice mixture should rest at least another 10 min
- Open the lid, add the coarsely grinded fennel and garnish with mint & coriander leaves
Serve the Rice with Raita or curry. Enjoy this Simple Vegetable biryani.