Tabouli or Tabbouleh ?

This long weekend, I spent sometime in my backyard. With the sunny weather, we decided to grill. The tandoori chicken was our standard dish to grill. For the side dish, I prepared this quick salad. A delicious Middle East recipe made with Bulgur wheat, parsley, tomatoes, mint, etc…When I lived in France, I came across this wonderful quick healthy salad. This recipe was shared by one of my Arabian friend. I prepare with the couscous grains, which is a staple food in Middle East and North Africa. My version is quick and ready to eat in 30 min, usually it is served the next day.


Ingredients:
Couscous: 1 cup
Tomato: ½ diced
Parsley: few leaves chopped (but I used Coriander leaves)
Mint: few leaves chopped
Cucumber: 3 tbsp Diced
Capsicum: red & green: 2 or 3 tbsp diced
Lemon Juice: ½ lemon
Olive Oil: 2 tsp
Salt: per taste
Lettuce: optional

Method
  1. Rinse the couscous two or three times with water (as u do for rice). Drain the water, add the lemon juice & oil and keep cover for at least 15 minutes.
  2. After 15 min, add the diced vegetables, adjust the salt and let it rest for another 15 minutes in the fridge or room temperature.
The tabouli is ready! I just served in lettuce leaf.The lemon is the key ingredient to make any salad dressing. I am sending this Middle Eastern Recipe to Jhiva for ingredients: Lime or Lemon hosted this month by Coffee.


Hope you enjoyed my salad!

Comments

vimmi said…
Looks great. especially served on the leaf like that. I have made couscous only once, should make it again
Uma said…
Yes, I really enjoyed your salad. Looks so lovely and yummy. I have to try this when I get couscous next time. Thanks.
FH said…
Great entry, I do make Couscous salad sometimes. Looks yummy Cham!:)
Kalai said…
Couscous is so quick to make and this looks very flavorful, too! Nice one, Cham! :)
Dhivya said…
wow simple and delicious cham...pic looks yummy...Lovely entry..
arundati said…
wow!! this is what the real stuff looks like...i went to a lebanese cooking class that was such a con and what was shown wasnt at all like this....this i am going to try for sure as i have already chucked the recipe booklet i was given...
Cham said…
Vimmi & Uma
Got to try this recipe if u love couscous :)
Asha: I knew that u might have tried this lebanese recipe :)
Kalai & Dhiv: Very easy to make it Gals.
Arundati: Try it, U won't be disappointed like ur class.
Finla said…
I love this. I like the texture of Couscous.
Mostly we eat them plain with the veggie curry
sandhya said…
Looks delicious and very easy to make .. great entry..
Cham said…
To Happy Cook : I guess you are making Couscous & vegetable sauce.
Sandya: Very very easy to make it.
DK said…
Oh i love this dish. I made one with the traditional bulgar jus last week. Seeing urs reminded me to post the same. The colors are amazing and healthy to boot! :)
S said…
hi this looks grt....i would like u to surprise u with an award...have a look at my blog and plz do post the award in urs...