MBP & Your Recipe Rocks

Suddenly the weather changed in Bay Area. From 2 days, we were affected by the Heat waves. Do you believe the heat burnt my flowers in less than 6 hours. Could you imagine the outdoor weather? Well, we just relay to our Air conditioner and not feel having any hot or spicy food. I wanted to have something cool. So, I prepared something light … few days back, I book marked Richa’s Soup to be relished for summer. But it was time to make it immediately. The carrot and orange soup was perfect to cool down the heat and our body. We just enjoyed with some homemade Cheddar garlic biscuit to complete the meal. Variation: omitted garlic added ginger and I kept in my fridge to turn into cold soup. Thank you Richa to share such an easy, healthy, tasty and colorful soup. For the biscuit I followed the recipe given in flour packet for " Buttermilk biscuit" cut into half and added my variations: cheddar and garlic 


 Recipe for Carrot & Orange soup: Check here Recipe source: Richa @asdearassalt.blogspot.com 


Recipe for Cheddar garlic biscuit: 


All purpose self-raising flour: 1 1/4 cup 
Sugar: 1 tsp 
Baking soda: ¼
Shortening but I used butter: ¼
Buttermilk: ¾ cup 
Cheddar cheese: ½ cup shredded or more if u wish
Garlic: 2 cloves minced

 Heat the oven for 450 F. In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients, cut the butter into flour and mix well. Add the garlic and cheddar now pour the buttermilk and mix until it forms dough. If u wants a round shape, flour the work surface and sprinkle some flour on the dough, roll into 1 inch thickness and cut into any shape. Or take a spoon full of the dough and drop into cookie sheet. Bake it in oven for 10 to 12 min until the top turn brown. I am sending this entry to MBP event started by coffee and this soup & salad MBP is hosted by Ragaa .

I always leave a comment and say I love ur recipe, but hardly forgot the next second. Here come another event “Your recipe Rocks” started by Madhuram of Eggless cooking due to rice shortage, she said how about discovering some other great cuisine from our blogger friends, which doesn’t require any rice trace. This soup was a rocking dish Richa. I can say: “Your recipe RocksHave a great weekend!

Comments

Kalai said…
I am so sorry about your flowers, Cham... They were so pretty!! I guess you can't do anything about mother nature, huh? The soup and biscuits look delicious and refreshing. Nice one! :)
FH said…
Oh, that is some heat girl! We have the same heat too but it rained y'day, So some relief. Don't know how Summer is going to be!
Great recipes, love the biscuits, will try!

Keep it cool there, see you on Monday!:)
Cham said…
Kalai: I felt very bad yest for my plants, i just sent all my pots to the garage today but still feel bad to my unmovable roses are burning and some annual flowers. Yes, cannot blame the mother nature ....
Asha : Thank u , we try to stay cool and only drink fluid. Lucky u can see some rain but i should wait Dec to that!
Hetal said…
love the garlic biscuits dear,nice recipe.Sorry abt ur flowers....
Unknown said…
Yes it is too hot here too in LA..poor flowers..Pity them.love the biscuits cham..Am trying them soon..
Suganya said…
Hi Cham:
That was so bad to see those flowers. I loved ur Cheddar garlic biscuit... really wanter to try it. The Carrot orange soup looks so good..
Cham said…
Div, Hetal: We had more than 94° F yest and today pretty much the same, i feel the summer here...
Sukanya: Thank u The soup has a fruity citus flavor which i loved. Biscuits were quiet easy to make it :)
Uma said…
How could Mr. Sun kill such lovely flowers? Poor flowers, look how dull those are! Any ways, Cheer up Cham! the recipes are so wonderful and great that you tried them. Have a nice weekend.
Madhavi said…
oh poor flowers :((( its darn hot in LA too. Biscuits and soup looks awesome and love this recipes.
Meera said…
Oh, sorry for that gerbera, dear. My few seedlings were killed by the sudden frost. It hurts!

Great entry!
jayasree said…
Loved ur garlic biscuits. Soups looks very refreshing and delicious. Ideal for summer.
Unknown said…
That soup looks lovely...yummy...nice entry..
and I feel so sorry for your flowers ..I love flowers too and get very upset if they wither away so soon..
kamala said…
So sorry abt ur plants cham.Both soups and biscuits look delicious cham..Have agreat weekend
ms said…
nice and attractive photograph cham. Will constructing some sort of temporary shade help your roses I wonder? Back home Ive seen Maalis do that.
Hey Cham, just looking at the pic of the soup cooled me down! good job!!
Richa said…
so the ginger too worked well, right ;) thanks for the mention :)
now those biscuits r the perfect accompaniment, any leftovers??
EC said…
Its so sad to see that dried up flowers...
Siri said…
How strange Cham... u hvae 94 deg and here on east coast we have thunder showers and a gloomy weather..so sorry abt the flowers..and the soup looks very cool and refreshing.

Have a great weekend.

Siri
Dori said…
Ooooh, those poor flowers... Gerbera Daisies are my favorites too.
ranji said…
i feel bad seeing the burnt flower cham!!!its heart breaking to see this happen.

soups are such comfort food to have any time..urs look delicous..lovely entry:)
Arundathi said…
Cham - what a great soup! Perfect for Chennai weather too :)
poor flowers... sad but its similarly hot here too...
the soup n biscuits looks perfect cham...
Beyond Curries said…
Acho paavam the flowers. Here in Philly it's raining since Thursday night.

Love both the recipes and thank you very much for your support.
SASHREE said…
So sry abt ur flowers cham,u know one thing..in india coz of heat waves we're all burning n what else can i say abt plants :(.
BTW soup is perfect for the summer.
Thanx for ur comments n the encouragement Dear
Anonymous said…
Tell me about the heat wave.We just couldnt sit in the house! I am sorry about the flowers.They are so pretty.Hopefully the weather will improve.Your biscuits and soup look so yummy!
Uma said…
Something is waiting for you at my blog, Cham! Have a look.
Laavanya said…
Poor things - your flowers... Hope you get some rain soon.
Coming to the soup.. it sounds so refreshing and beautiful colour.
Miri said…
The spicy biscuit is an intersting savoury change from the sweet stuff!
Miri said…
The spicy biscuit is an intersting savoury change from the sweet stuff!
Raaga said…
thanks for the lovely entry... yous biscuits look beautiful as well.
Pravs said…
poor flowers ! Nice looking biscuits with the soup.
The carrot and orange soup looks lovely and is a great idea for summer.
Here it is big heat wave all summer, and this summer has been unbearable.:(
The met guys say the monsoons shouls arrive in two weeks. Can't wait!:)
Shubha Ravikoti said…
Ohh I really pity those flowers... only if they could cry... hmmm Sorry dear... Agree the weather is so bad now... LA is Burning....hmmm... sooooooooooooo hot... cant stay out even for 5 minutes...
The soup looks yum and the combination with garlic biscuits sounds interesting...:)
Sangeeth said…
really sorry abt the flowers...the weather is changing in chicago too....btw the soup looks yummy!
mitr_bayarea said…
Cham-

yes, the heat has been unbearable the past few days in the bay area. Many of our flowering plants withered, inspite of the watering.

The soup and biscuits seem like a great combo.
DK said…
You are sooo right about the Heat! It was sweltering and I think I almost melted ( heheh I wish though ;-)) I think its better today!

Great luking biscuits and soup cham! Hope it cooled you enough!
Namratha said…
Ohh poor flowers!!!

I am eyeing the cheddar garlic biscuits, they look delish.
Cham said…
Thank you everyone for ur warm encouragement and sympathy to my flowers...Now we have a better weather good for my plant
Unknown said…
Hey Cham, i was wondering how could I miss those lovely cookies and now when Asha had a link on her blog and I found them.They are great and I was looking for something similiar ,I am tired of making sweet ones and this is perfect.Great and I love ur face changing.ha ha
Krishna Bhat said…
Very nice recipe..I made the biscuits and they are delish..I also added some herbs and some paprika to kick the heat up a notch.I will be serving it with a lentil soup and beet and pear salad..yum yum.
Cham said…
Krish:Thanks for ur input. Spice up the biscuit is a neat idea!