Caffeine dose in bars?

Want a bold, rich and divine bite? You landed at the right place. The bold flavor comes from the Instant espresso powder, richness from the good quality chocolate, when both goodness are combined, it could be only decadent right? If you are addicted to coffee, give it a try otherwise you may experience a jolt of caffeine dose in your bite.
If you enjoy the bitter taste of chocolate or the strong espresso flavor linger in your tongue for hours, you will probably hook for this recipe. I would suggest having this brownie with cup of cold milk to compensate the flavor. When Meeta announced the theme coffee or tea for the monthly mingle. I decided I should go with espresso, even though I slowly reduced the caffeine intake and switch to tea, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee knock off!




Espresso brownie bars


Recipe adapted from Epicurious but modified
Print
Ingredients:

All purpose flour: 3/4 cup
Unsalted Butter: 1 stick (1/2 cup)
Light brown sugar: 3/4 cup tightly packed ( increase to 1 to 1 1/4 cup for sweeter version)
Unsweetned Chocolate chips: 2 ounces
Egg: 2 large
Instant Espresso powder: 3 tbsp
Vanilla essence: 1 tsp
Baking powder: 1/2 tsp
Salt: 1/4 tsp

Method:

Preheat the oven for 350°F. Grease a square baking pan with butter.
Melt the butter and chocolate in microwave until it melt (1 min or few seconds). Check every 30 seconds and whisk it. Cool until lukewarm.
Sift the flour,baking powder,salt and instant espresso together.
With electric mixer, beat the egg, sugar and vanilla essence. Pour the cooled chocolate mixture and mix well. Now slowly add the flour and beat until they re well blend together.
Pour in the greased pan and spread evenly.
Bake for 20 or 25 min in middle of the rack, mine was done under 20 min. Check the center of brownie with a thoothpick,should come out clean!
Transfer immediately in rack and cool it completly. I dusted with powdered sugar.

Verdict: I didn't give any cool down period for my brownie :) Truly an adult flavor!


I am sending this brownie bar to Event of the month:Satisfy your sweet tooth hosted by Sudeshna.
Two more to satisfy her sweet tooth:
Badam burfi & Moong dhal ladoo

Have a great weekend folks!

Comments

Finla said…
Wow those brownies looks super delicious. The way you described it make me really want to them.
While reading them i was trying to guess what the dish would be,
Unknown said…
Soooperrrrrrrrrr. looks perfect... delicious entry..
Suganya said…
This is a very nice recipe. Look so good. Love the embellishment on the bars. Espresso and chocolate nice combination. YUM!
CurryLeaf said…
Lovely Cham,I know they are delish.I can inhale the warm aroma from the oven.Another thing I like about your recipes is you make them look simple.The brownies look rich and scrumptious.
Looooce coffee in cakes.. brownies look awesome Cham..
Usha said…
Wow this looks awesome..and so very tempting, I wish I could have a couple of those right now :-)
Rashmi said…
wow the brownies looks yummy...
anudivya said…
The heart looks so pretty! Not a big fan of coffee, so I am just gonna look and drool.
Unknown said…
Cute hearts on the bars..I will definitely like them..Just perfect for the event.
Sujatha said…
espresso and chocolate! Thats a neat combo, Cham :) Love those perfectly shaped brownies.. good one!
jayasree said…
Delicious brownies with perfect shape.
Anonymous said…
Looks perfect and delicious.
Vijitha said…
Perfect looking ones! yum...I loved the cute hearts on it :-)
Unknown said…
good one cham..next time, am going to add coffee powder in my cake..am craving for thaht bittersweet taste..
Anonymous said…
Hello If it passes to find to me I have a gift for you! Soon Lorenz
Deepthi Shankar said…
wow cham .. that looks sooo superb .. love them ..
Laavanya said…
I think the addition of coffee really intensifies the bitterness and flavour of dark chocolate.. that looks so decadent Cham.
Pavani said…
it looks superab and delicious.....
Priya Suresh said…
Woww looks delicious..can guess the aroma of these brownues..cute hearts on the brownies..Scrumptious bars!!!
karuna said…
they look perfect love the little hearts u made....
Archy said…
Wow, Brownies looks so yummy.. Cham.. Nice 'HEART' sugar dusting over the brownies.. lovely !!
Kalai said…
Coffee and chocolate is a deadly and decadent combo! Sounds absolutely amazing! :)
Recipeswap said…
Great looking brownies.
Lakshmi said…
oh my...those caffienated ;) brownies look so tempting Cham! I love brownies and coffee ..so I love their combo! 2 :)
Chocolate and coffee? Love your brownies. I'm sure my daughter would like these too (she likes coffee, but a milder not so bitter version).
Unknown said…
It is really rich and awesome.Very hard to resist
Kayal said…
Great Work!!!! Your description appears so simple...
Raks said…
Cool recipe! Love the way u have decorated and presented!!
R said…
Brownies caffienated - tats cool. Would like to invite you for a coffee at My blog
Pls join me :)
SMN said…
Browines looks so delcicious and i love d dressing
ranji said…
OH man!!!that is toooooo good..I love love love coffee....these bars are damn tempting yaar!!!Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i can get hte aroma of coffee hitting my nose :)..excellent post!!!
Vikis Kitchen said…
Hi, this looks yummy .Moreover, I have a gift for you. Just visit me.
Yasmeen said…
Adding coffee to brownies is such a innovative idea ,sweet indulgence for coffee lovers :)
kamala said…
That is super delicious Cham..Grt pics too!!!
raaji said…
cham this sure is pretty simple.....i loved ur MWchocolate cake.....really i couldnt believe i made it under 6 mins.......love to try this one too......
Sunshinemom said…
I love those icing sugar hearts as well on the brownies. Seeing the large doses in Aparna's and yours makes me want to make a batch too:)
vandana rajesh said…
yummy brownies cham...too gooood
Unknown said…
Wow indeed it looks a very good option for a caffiene shot:) Incredibly delicious:)
Vaishali said…
Yum, Cham, those look gorgeous and elegant. Nice job!
Sum Raj said…
hey cham...h r u?..am back :) ....a small treat for u on my blog..
wow cham its sounds delish simply superb.
Uma said…
love those cute little hearts on the brownies Cham! looks so delicious.
Jaishree Iyer said…
Browines Looks perfect and delicious.
Sia said…
oh yes... good for my mid-day caffeine dose ;)
PG CakeCraft said…
simply irresistable, i must say.just luv the espresso & chocolate combo.
Madhavi said…
Oh awesome entry, bars looks perfect and delicious!!!
Meeta K said…
These are so moist looking. A great entry CHam - thanks.
Dori said…
That's a yummy way to get your caffeine!