Tuesday, January 5, 2010

MEC: Festive Foods Round-up

Seriously, this Holiday Season sabotaged you with all those delicious sweet treats. Scared to step in your scale and read the few extra pounds you have gained! Ok, I don't have a  magic solution to shred it off but only worst your situation if you have a sweet tooth.
Caution: just seeing the round-up, you may end up gaining weight- don't blame me probably run to the participant place who blasted me with abundant high sugar!
As the Month of December is stirred by many Religious Festivals. I announced MEC-Festive foods , an event originated by Srivalli.
Let me thank all the few bold, adventurous bloggers who were able to contribute my first food event despite their busy Holiday schedule. All the entries were unique and  have one thing in common -Sweet!  After all festivals will go incomplete without a sweet meat!

Logo

The first mithai which I savored is from Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes who created an unique recipe of Saffron Oats Peda. A different way to consume Oats and break the traditional one!

Saffron Oats Peda


Probably, 2 days later, I received another traditional one: Microwave Coconut Burfi from Priya again. I wished why I wasn't her neighbor when I lived in Paris- probably I would have developed a sweet tooth :)

MW Coconut Burfi

Last but not least from her side, Priya was too generous to please me with the MW bottlegourd Kheer. Give a big hand for her huge contribution.


MW Bottlegourd Kheer

An Experienced cook, loads of traditional recipes, Lata Raja from Flavours & Tastes, tried a Fruity Dessert: Apple Sheera after being tempted from a TV show! Another delectable Indianized way to eat Apples!


MW Apple Sheera


Welcome a New Blogger, Sowjanya who whipped up the most laborious traditional Tamilian Sweet: Microwave Thiratupal. She says:" If there was an engagement or a baby shower, thiratupal is “the” sweet to serve for the occasion in our Iyer community" - Check Ruchikacooks  sweet childhood memories to know what she was doing near the simmering Thiratupal pot! Glad to know you Sowjanya!

 MicrowaveThiratupal

No need to preheat the oven to bake a delicious tropical flavor: Pineapple upside-down cake, Roopa from My kitchen treats breaks my misconception that I could even bake other than chocolate cake in microwave!

MW Pineapple upside down cake


Are you the one who go Nuts for Chocolate and Nuts? Check what Sweatha from Curry Leaf  prepared in microwave : Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge, Double layer Treat to indulge in festive season!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge


A classic treat with a twist and tale of Christmas from Sandeepa-Bong Mom's cookbook - her warm write-up and narration on each post will hook you forever and of course she serves you delectable Bong food too. Her Nutella Chocolate Truffles is unique  and breaks probably your diet plan!

Nutella Chocolate Truffles


Another Bong from Cook like a Bong - Sudeshna celebrated her Mom and Sister's birthday with Gajar Halwa ! I can feel through her picture how tasty it was! Wish I was your sister!

Gajar Halwa

Another Chef kamala from cook @ ease cooked  Ulundhu (Urad dal) sweet appam in microwave! Thanks for introducing another new dish in Microwave, Kamala.

Urad dhal sweet Appam



Finally, my own entry: Dry Fruits and Nuts balls covered with chocolate prepared for my second blog anniversary!

Dry fruits and nuts covered with chocolate



Thank for the sweet contribution and Valli   to give an opportunity to host your event !

If any typo or forgot ur entries , please let me know immediately!

This month MEC-Dips and Spread is guest hosted by Mirch Masala.

35 comments:

ruchikacooks said...

Lovely round up Cham. Been drooling looking at all those sweets. Good thing I don't have to stand near the stove to make these goodies..

a couple of new ones too, appam in Microwave!!

Viki's Kitchen said...

Very nice round up Cham. Appreciate your efforts to make it successful. All entries look classic. Somehow missed it because of the vacation .

ruchikacooks said...

Lazy me just saw from your post how sleepy I was while writing the original..Instead of "or" a shower, I wrote of a shower :)

Hurried back to mine and amended it :)
really glad that I participated in your event cham..Lots of good stuff after that has been happening.
Thanks..

Cham said...

I did it Ruchikacooks

Priya said...

Lovely roundup Cham..thanks for choosing a beautiful theme and really enjoyed making those sweet treats through MW..

Rahin said...

thats a delicious and gorgeous round up Cham

Srivalli said...

That's one awesome round up Cham..great efforts..thanks for hosting!

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

Cham would have loved to participate, dont know how I missed it...
Great round up...

n33ma said...

awesome round up,Ur chocolates looks so good.Well captured.
Happy new year.

Uj said...

Yummy round up.. wish at least one of them were my neighbor..

Pari said...

Hi Cham, great round up, do not know how I missed ur event...

Prathibha said...

Nice round up cham and u hv beautifully presented them with ur words..

sowmya.s said...

lovely round up..true indeed..i feel I have already put on weight..hehe!!

Sudeshna said...

Cham,
What a wonderful round-up. I have already bookmarked this post.

Happy cook said...

Who would have thought one can make so many delcious things with MW. I just use it for heating up or boiling milk etc.....
Delicous roundup.

RAKS KITCHEN said...

Nice round up! good to see the entries using Microwave oven!

s said...

super round up...wish i were a part too!

Homecooked said...

Wow...what a roundup! Totally droolworthy :)

Bong Mom said...

Cham

Lovely round up. But before that I am in love with your gravtar ;-)

BTW I don't see the pic of my truffle

Vrinda said...

So many yummy goodies,gr8 round up...

Asha said...

Thanks Cham, I need all the prayers and wishes I can get! :))

Dishes look wonderful. I don't feel like cooking amymore but love to see all these dishes to drool over!

Have a fab new year.

ruchikacooks said...

Thank you :)

Will hit the computer with a hot cuppa before I write anything from now..

Divya Vikram said...

Amazing roundup Cham!

FoodLovers said...

lovely round up cham ...

great effort dear

Cham said...

Sandeepa:Pic loads finely in all my # brows.

Gulmohar said...

Lovely round up Cham..Great entries..

PJ said...

wow, a great roundup! Sorry didn't know about this event, thinking back now I had a perfect recipe for this! Well, there is always next time :)

Shwetha said...

A little late for the party but what a wonderful feast!

Akal's Saappadu said...

Delicious round-up really!!!

you're going to make me gain some extra kg for sure :):)
a sweet tooth will always be a sweet tooth, right? so, people like me could never resist these!!! all delicious ones!!!

Bonne Année et Meilleurs Voeux à toi et à toute la famille!!!!
pssst: nice new template for the new year!! :):)

Anonymous said...

Microwave - microwaves work differently to other forms of cooking. The microwaves create a change in polarity within the food molecules which generates a friction that warms the food up. This activity also changes the molecular structure of the food, creating unnatural by-products along the way.
Microwaves transform one type of amino acid, L-proline, into a form that can harm the nervous system and kidneys. Microwaves have been banned in Russia since 1976. There are numerous studies showing microwaves cause increased carcinogens in foods, increased free-radicals, low haemoglobin and white blood cell counts. Ayurveda does not recommend using microwaves due to the denaturing of the prana in the food.

Padhu said...

Lovely round up.Nicely presented!
http://padhuskitchen.blogspot.com/

Malar Gandhi said...

Lovely round up, Cham...

Good to know' so many recipes can be made in microwave'

Kuddos to you, for successful hosting:)

Cham said...

Anon Thanks for the input, There is always two sides in everything.
Well We don't live in Russia and Microw ovens is not ban in this country!

shaani.ras said...

hai pls link with me

Roopa said...

Hi Cham, sorry for the late comment, but better now than never, thanks for the awesome round up !! Wow that is indeed a display of a lot of goodies from Microwave , i will be trying some of them soon :) Happy 2010 by the way !