Wishing you a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year 2011.
So, did you set any doable resolutions? Or is that the same resolution you come up every year? If you have some goals don't wait the end of the year to review if you have accomplished it or not. Track back where you stand after 2 months that might help you stick to the resolution.
If eating healthier is the top priority for this year. This recipe is truly a treasure for trimming down all the fat in your next dessert. The cake is light, rich, moist and chocolaty in every bite. You practically walk to the kitchen and bake this cake right away at anytime. Yes, no need to wait for the butter comes to room temperature that is the hard part for me! Very easy to bake with simple ingredients found in your pantry which exactly why I love this recipe. Once baked the cake disappeared in no time.
All purpose flour or Whole wheat Pastry flour: 1 1/3 cups
Salad oil (use any vegetable oil): 1/4 cup
Water: 1 cup
Unsweetened cocoa: 2/3 cup
Baking soda: 1 tsp
Salt: 1/4 tsp
Sugar: 1 1/4 (but I reduced 2 tbsp)
Egg whites: 2 large
Vanilla: 1 tsp
Method of preparation
1. Oil a cake pan, line the bottom with waxed paper and oil the paper too. Dust the pan with cocoa powder and remove the excess.
2. Mix the AP flour, cocoa, soda and salt.
3. In a bowl, beat to blend with a hand mixer: oil, sugar, egg white, water and vanilla.
4. Add the flour mixture and stir to mix and beat until smooth.
5. Scrape the batter in oily pan and bake in 350°oven until the cake pulls from pan side (about 30 to 35 min). The toothpick should comes out clean if inserted in middle of cake.
6. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and invert into a a rack and cool completely if you do frosting.
I used a light whipped cream and served with fruits (berries) - u can shave some dark chocolate or even dust with cocoa.
The cake will not rise like the normal one- so if u prefer having a real look of cake- use a deep dish - less wider mouth than normal cake pan. It is dense but moist and delicious one.
Everyone loves Chocolate - The cake goes to Kid's Delight at Spice your life.
Sending this Easy baking Chocolate cake to Baking For Beginners Event Hosted by Vandana