Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A tribute to Jayasree

I opened my reader yesterday with an alarming title at Lata’s place: in a memory of Dear friend. For a moment, I was shocked to read the sad news that Jayasree – a food blogger is no more.
Jayasree from Kailas Kitchen blogged pretty much regularly her family treasured recipes. Many of her dishes reflect Palakkad Brahmin style.
Personally, I don't know much about her. But, she was my regular follower from long time and I never missed any of her posts.
She was quiet generous, taking the moment to read my posts and leave her thoughts in form of sweet encouraging words. How many bloggers give credits for their inspirations? Well Jaya stood apart from others. She kindly acknowledged me for her Raagi Biscuits that showed her great personality. Her art of Kolam (rangoli) proved her artistic skills.
I picked one of her early day blogging recipes. Being a food blogger myself, I can understand those recipes must be treasured by her family members or probably her favorite.
It is really aching to realize, Jayasree is no more to read how much we appreciated her recipe and how much we are going to miss her around.
If you haven’t come across this beautiful blogger, time to give a visit at Experiment Kailas Kitchen, try a recipe and join the tribute.




Noi Arisi Pongal-puli pongal

Noi Arisi Pongal (puli pongal) from kailas Kitchen

Join the tribute to Jayasree

1. Please visit Jayasree’s blog, Experiments In Kailas Kitchen, and go through it.

2. Try one or more recipes from her blog and please post your photograph of it with the link to her original recipe on Jayasree’s Facebook page dedicated to her blog. To post on her Facebook page, all you have to do is to click on the “like” button first.

3. If you have a blog and would like to post about this please feel free to do so. This would help spread the word among your readers who might not know of this otherwise.

4. In your post please link ONLY to Jayasree’s recipe that you chose. Do not link to any of us. Also, please DO NOT reproduce or discuss her recipe in this particular post. Do feel free to share something about Jayasree if you wish, as that would be really nice.

5. It would be especially nice if we could all do this before the 12th of November, 2011 as this would be the first month anniversary of her demise.




Candlelightl



R.I.P- Jayasree
Prayers and Thoughts to the Family and Friends

10 comments:

notyet100 said...

Such a warm tribute ,even I didn't knew her personally but I was her follower,

Priya said...

Even i was shocked, blogsphere will definitely miss her..beautiful tribute Cham..

Vani said...

Lovely tribute, Cham. We do miss her already.

Happy Cook / Finla said...

I think all of us in the food blog world who knew her and her blog was shocked to hear this sad news.

G.Pavani said...

sure cham i will post a recipe of her.

Poornima Nair said...

Beautiful tribute Cham!

RAKS KITCHEN said...

Good to see your post. Nice post!

Nalini's Kitchen said...

Lovely tribute,first time here.Please do drop at my space,time permits.
Cheers
Nalini

Uma said...

I was also so shocked to hear this news. I knew I am really late to know this sad news. You did a great tribute to the dear friend Cham.

Bong Mom said...

Lovely warm Tribute Cham. I don't see any more post from you but wanted to send you wishes on Diwali too.