Tomato soup

When tomato season is around the corner. My home is filled with tomato dishes like tomato chutney, tomato soup, rice. The tomato soup is my all time favorite. All my family members are still addicted to this favorite recipe. May be it would be a Fancy word for this gravy. This dish came from my great grand-ma, sound dated right! I remember my mom preparing at least once a week. This tomato soup is so creamy and delicious.



Ingredients:
Ripped Tomatoes: 4 medium sizes
Tamarind: 1 to 2 tsp pulp (according to your taste bud)
Onion: ½ sliced thinly
Green chili: 2 sliced lengthwise
Ginger –Garlic paste: 1 tsp
Salt: according your taste

Seasoning:
Mustard seeds: little
Cinnamon stick: ¼ stick
Bay leave: one
Oil: 1 tsp

To grind
Pepper: 1 tsp
Cumin: 1 tsp
Fennel or saunf: 1tsp
Coconut: 2 tablespoon

To Garnish:
Coriander leaves

Preparation:

Blanched the tomatoes and grind into puree. In a pot add oil and seasoned with the ingredients as I mentioned, add the onion and chilies and fry until translucent, now add the Ginger garlic paste. Once the aroma starts filling your kitchen (after 2 min) pour the tomato puree, the grind paste and the tamarind pulp and salt according your taste. Usually 1 or 2 tsp of tamarind is enough or it could be omitted for those who hate tamarind. Let the gravy boils not more than 2 or 3 min. Switch off the stove and garnish with coriander leaves.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Recipe looks interesting. I may want to try it pretty soon.