Potato Sukka for Two events

Is there anyone around who hates potatoes? I always try to avoid this vegetable because of the carbohydrate content. The main reason, we consume lots of rice in our diet!
My son loves the potatoes in any form, boiled, baked, mashed, whenever I am making a curry: he asks me if it is potato curry? This weekend, I made his favorite curd rice and the potato sukka . A dry version of potato curry, which goes well with sambar, rasam rice, or curd rice. 




Ingredients:

Potatoes: 4 medium sizes
Oil: 1 or 2 tsp
Chilli powder: 1 or 2 tsp
Turmeric: a pinch
Salt: as per your taste
Fennel: 1 tsp Grind coarsely
Garlic: 5 pods crushed slightly with the skin
Onion: 1 sliced lengthwise
Curry leaves: 4 to 5 leaves

Method

1. Boil the potatoes, peel it and cut it into cubes
2. Add all the ingredients except oil and sprinkle little water to coat the dry mixture
3. Heat a pan with oil; drop the dry mixture of potatoes and shallow fry in medium heat.
4. The sukka should be ready when it starts to turn brown.

It is a pretty easy to make and very aromatic dish (with fennel and garlic). My aromatic flavor should reach two potatoes events. One hosted by Dk's culinary Bazaar & Sia Monsoonspice for the International year of potato.




Hope u enjoy my simple curry!

Comments

Laavanya said…
The fennel must give it a great flavour.. It goes really well with everything and a crowd pleaser too.
Mythreyee said…
Looks so tempting and colorful. The fennel and garlic must have added an extra flavor to the dish.
Uma said…
looks so delicious, Cham! It is simple yet great tasting curry. Very nice entry.
FH said…
Fennel and garlic! Those are enough for me get bowled over! Great dish!:)
Dhivya said…
wow..great entry cham:)looks so tempting...Hope u know abt arusuvai foodchain..details here..

http://masalamagic.wordpress.com/2008/01/29/introducing-the-arusuvai-friendship-chain-here-in-the-us-…/

If u want to participate mail me to

dhivya.palanisamy@gmail.com
Kalai said…
I do use fennel in a potato dish that I make, but it's slightly different. This sounds sooooo yummy! Garlic in any dish gets me drooling!! :) Great entry, Cham. :)
DK said…
adding fennel seeds always bring out that appetizing aroma in our dishes. I can only imagine how wonderful this sukka would have tasted. And Yes , the aroma sure reached me :) Thanks for sending it my way cham :)
MuriMix said…
Thanks for dropping by my blog :) I love sora pittu too :)
Lakshmi said…
Hi Cham, The dish is simple yet to so tasty! Potato sukka makes a good accompaniment to rasam rice or curd rice. I can imagine the aroma of Fennel...uuummmmm
KALVA said…
Yes cham,, i can smell the flavor.... Lovely dish., first time to your blog.. nice one dear!!
KALVA said…
Yes i can smell the spices... Nice one...
Cham said…
Thanks for everyone who left an aromatic comment
Unknown said…
hi cham!! gr8 entry.fennel i the potato wud have made it really aromatic....seeing that pic of yours i feel like having the same combination today.
Finla said…
Wow love this potato dish. Yummm
Sia said…
nope, i can never get tired of potatoes:) thanks girl for sending this delicious entry:)
Anonymous said…
I know how you feel about the carbo-loading, here in Hawaii you get a scoop of mayo-laden macaroni salad with your 2 scoops of rice in every lunch plate! But this curry looks delicious, and I learned something new too with your recipe for curd/yogurt rice. Love that!