Recap of 2008

After a week of short break to the other side of California, I am here to post something before the year-end! Thanks for my readers who already started pouring “Best Wishes for the upcoming New Year”.
Thank you for your continuous warm encouragements and Thank God for giving enough food.

What I learnt through this blog?
I improved my culinary skills; discovered many regional Indian cooking and some International. I explored Vegan cooking which was totally a new territory for me and inspired me to cook some vegan dishes.
Other than food, photography become my new passion, I look forward how to present even the simplest recipe in very attractive way which I enjoy most than cooking!

What I innovated this year?
More than 100 recipes this year but let see what I whipped up something unusual in my kitchen 2008. Hey, don’t you feel like a Rock Star to tell, you have the Best of 2008 to share with your readers!

Click on the picture you will be redirected to the original page!

1 My unusual –non-food creativity: Let 's start with the God idol made with clay dough. I felt really proud of this non-food creation.


Photobucket





2.My most top creative: Wheat idlis, healthy and instant breakfast



Photobucket



3.Best Vegan innovation: Tofu frittata


Photobucket




4.My Best fusion recipe: Nanini -hot sandwich made with naan

Photobucket



5. The toughest & most appreciated by you: Layered parotas

Photobucket



6. Unusual dish color: Red cabbage soup

Photobucket




7.My unusual experience-Arusuvai-: Raggi Cookies

Photobucket

All the credits go to the event creators who pushed me out of the box ! Thanks once again and looking forward to participate many events and continue with great spirit!


About Resolution??? Let me think instantly on New Year eve and forgot it the next day morning... Haha, just kidding ....!

I am sending to Srivalli’s event Best of 2008.

Until....

Wishing You and your Family a Prosperous and Happy New Year 2009!

Comments

CurryLeaf said…
Finishing the year with the best post is perfect.I too love your layered parottas(toughest for me thgh).Nanini&wheat idlis r yet to be tried.Surely your recipes Rock,Dear RockStar.
Warm Wishes for a prosperous and wholesome New Year.Looking forward to a food filled 2009..
I like the new profile pic,But I prefer the female Santa -its still winter,so red coat is quite fine.
Sangeeth said…
Happy new year cham.May all your dreams come true :)
Laavanya said…
Some lovely picks for this post Cham... Looking fwd to more delicious and fun recipes from you. Happy new year.
Sunshinemom said…
Cham, the selection is great - many of your posts that I loved esp. the wheat idlis and the cabbage soup are there! You are so right about the inspiration and photography aspect - same here!

Wish you a very very Happy and Prosperous 2009 - Keep rocking!
wow.. i like the pillayar u made. very creative.
Anonymous said…
I loved the clay idol!!

& Your Nanini ( I actually read it twice ..:-) ) great idea.

Happy New Year to you & your Family!
Unknown said…
Wow superb and excellent recap Cham.
Red Chillies said…
You are indeed a Rockstar Cham, 100 recipes this year is amazing. Wishes for more to come in 2009.

I am like you too, make no resolutions as I break them.

Happy New Year to you and your family.
Yasmeen said…
Delicious Recap.Have a wonderful and healthy new year:)
Lakshmi said…
Very lovely post Cham. Happy New Year to you and family. Loved all the dishes esp Parotas..
Vibaas said…
Hi cham, you have a very nice blog and i love all the entries you have mentioned in this post.
jayasree said…
Thats an excellent recap. Nice presentation.

Happy New year to u and ur family.
Uma said…
Nice selection of recipes dear! Everything looks so unique! Happy new year to you and your family!
Unknown said…
A beautiful post..loved the display of your wonderful creations..Happy new year..
Raks said…
Good to recollect all your unusual posts!!
Happy new year to you!!
Priya Suresh said…
Lovely bunch of dishes..Wishing u Happy new year with more n more happiness,wealth n health...looking forward for ur creative posts!!!
lubnakarim06 said…
Yummy and creatice collection. happy New Year to you and your family dear.
Lovely pillayar... creative work and all are yummy n awesome selection for the event...
Dori said…
You have a great blog, I'm glad to have found it and to be able to enjoy it... Have a very Happy New Year!!!
anudivya said…
Great list of amazing food! Keep them coming... Wish you and your family a fantastic New Year!
Usha said…
Lovely post, your pulaiyar idol is really awesome, loved your wheat idli and nanini too. Wish you and your family a very happy new year, have a wonderful 2009 :-)
Kalai said…
Awesome post, Cham! All of the recipes sure do rock! :)
Beyond Curries said…
That was an excellent recap Cham. All your choices are perfect. Happy New Year to you too.
Malar Gandhi said…
Nice round up dear, love all your creatitons, Happy New Year.
Wish you and your family a very happpy New Year!
notyet100 said…
lovely post,...keep rockin next yr too....
Vaishali said…
Cham, you've certainly had a very productive year, and congratulations on a job well done! Also many wishes for a great 2009.
vidhas said…
Lovely entries. The pillayar is awesome. May all your wishes come true in this new year.
Suganya said…
Great works in 2008.... Nice recipe, really wonderful....

Happy New Year!!!....
Archy said…
Wow, Cham you are creative dear !! Looking forward for more this yr !!
Happy New year!!
Sig said…
Hi Cham, wish you a happy and prosperous year ahead!
Namratha said…
Ahh, how can we forget the red cabbage soup..hehe?! :) Nice round up of the best Cham, its a pleasure to stop by your blog every time. Have a splendid year ahead!
Pavani said…
Happy New year cham....ur recap is really good yaar..
Dibs said…
I remember the naanini...and after this comment I am off to see your layered parotha!

Wish you a great year ahead!
Lavanya Raj said…
Very Happy New Year Cham!! Your Wheat Idli is what i was longing for..My Wishes to your family too!
Indian Khana said…
Hi Cham, how r u? Wish you Happy New year...it's a very nice post....and your blog header is cool...
Srivalli said…
Thats such a lovely collection Cham...I loved your Ganesh idol!..nice to see it again..:)
Premyscakes said…
Wishing you a very happy new year. Fantastic posts.
Unknown said…
wow perfect entries for the event cham actually I am a new reader to your blog but almost recipes I have seen,some of them i bookmarked will try and tell you, all your recipes are simply superb specialy Nanini,wheat idlis and ragi cookies
waiting for more your delicious recipes.
Anonymous said…
very adventurous. nice.
Pavani said…
thanku cham for ur comments
Its been a truly wonderful year at your blog and may you have many more.

Wish you a happy, peaceful and prosperous New Year, Cham.
Richa said…
wish you a wonderful 2009, dear cham! look forward to many more lovely rcp's from you :) am back from my vac, but am yet to post! hope u had a good vac, take care sweetie!
Sharmi said…
very nice lineup of recipes and a writeup! Have a nice New Year!
Vikis Kitchen said…
Love all your entries . Each recipe is perfect and u have a reliable blog for me to follow:)
Flaky parotta is really good and u have a creative list too.
Looking forward for more recipes like this . Happy New Year dear.
Sum Raj said…
happy new year cham....nice post..